On an image focused platform like Pinterest first impressions really do last. Getting your profile page right can have a huge impact on traffic, followers and sales.
Think of your Pinterest profile page in the same way you would your landing page on your website. It’s the very first impression people have of your business so make it the right one. Simple things like ill fitting logos can make an account appear unprofessional or half done.
The logo is right at the top of the page so that really is the first thing that someone will see and it also acts as an icon beside any comments you make so it literally follows you around leaving a first and a last impression.
So in this how to we will show you how to resize your existing logo to make sure it looks supersleek on Pinterest and sets you off on the right foot. Pinterest crops your logo to a circle so if you haven’t already got a circular logo it’s worth considering what part of your logo will fit and therefore show within the circle.
This can be a bit tricky and lots of people have told us it can be a stumbling block for them so that’s why in this article we are providing you with a FREE Template Download to make sure your logo looks great on Pinterest.
How To Use The Template
If you have Photoshop, use the PSD template in the download file and follow these steps:
- Open the Pinterest Logo.psd file
- Create a new layer above the Logo Area layer
- Place your logo within on the new layer so that it sits inside the grey circle area
- Next click the eye icon to the left of the Logo Area layer to turn it off
- You will be left with a transparent background with your logo on it
- Save the file as a PNG
Other Image Editors
- If using other image editors follow these steps:
- Create a new document 164 x 164 pixels
- Place the template file Pinterest Logo.png within the document
- Next place your logo over the top of this file ensuring it fits safely within the grey circle area
- Then simply delete the template image so that only your logo remains
- Save the file as a PNG
Uploading to Pinterest
When you upload the PNG to Pinterest, don’t be alarmed if you see slight lines around the edge.
You will see that the logo looks great once in place.
How To Change Your Logo
In case you’re unsure where to find the option to change your logo, go to “Edit Profile” in the top right of your screen.
From there click on Change Picture in the middle of your screen.
Now you will have the perfectly sized logo no more words or bits of your image missing! Set the right impression from the start and Pin Right!
For more Pinterest tips and articles sent to your inbox, sign up for our newsletter.